Sunday, April 4, 2010

do not weep

do not stand at my grave and weep;
i am not there. i do not sleep.
i am a thousand winds that blow
i am the diamond glints on snow
i am the sunlight on ripened grain
i am the gentle autumn rain
when you awaken in the morning's hush
i am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight
i am the soft stars that shine at night
do not stand at my grave and cry
i am not here. i did not die



this poem was left in an envelope by a soldier, Steven Cummins for his parents. he died while in service in Northen Island. The envelope was instructed to be opened in the event of his death.


i dedicated this poem to Cikgu Halim Murad, my boss in PSS, my mentor, my brother and a good friend who has lost his dear sister this morning. his sister died due to cancer.....



motipnye: masa kita... hak Dia...

No comments:

Post a Comment