Sunday, July 4, 2010

once i was a student..

the blue : smka al irshad
the purple : mrsm beseri
the red : jemaah disiplin pelajar, mrsm beseri

of all my siblings, my schooling years were the most colourful...
after standard 6, i was in smk dato hj ahmad badawi..the school just opposite of my house..
i was there for 3 months...as my Penilaian result was delayed...
it seemed that my index number had created a problem...
after the result was out, my dad sent me to Irshad...
it was some kind of tradition that all my siblings went to agama school...except both my elder brothers...they were in SDAR and MRSM balik pulau respectively...
i was in Irshad for 3 years...
i was feeling kind of miserable and down....it was all because of 1 subject...Arabic...
as i registered late..i believed i was kind of left behind...
and no matter how hard i tried...i failed to catch up....
and the ustaz was soo garang...
especially my dear ustaz suid...my dad's best friend....
he would enter the class..and his first instruction was for us to stand on our chair..
he would throw various questions..the one who was able to answer, was allowed to get down and stand..so, u had to answer at least 2 questions to be able to sit...
yet, i managed to get good result and it motivated me to strive harder...
because i knew..good result in SRP would be a golden ticket out....
after SRP..i was in mrsm beseri
i was quite active...and definitely quite mischevious..
though i enjoyed my time in beseri...i didn't perform quite well in SPM....
as my fellow friends were doing more glamourous courses...i was destined to do education..
over the years.....i kept looking back my mistake in beseri...
i've learnt well...
that u need to focus in study....
i realized the pressure of being a science stream students....
and as a teacher now, i tend to remind my students constantly ..
hoping that they will not experience the regret of not trying harder ...
that in future..i hope they will not stuck with the question.."what if..?"
trying hard to imagine various possibilities..only if they had tried to study hard..
all in all...
as i started my career as a teacher...
i also stopped regretting the past....
every cloud has a silver lining....
and i will make the best of it...putting all my efforts and whole-heartedly to my career..
a bliss
the word "regret" is from an old French word "regreter" which means bewail of the dead.....hehehe no wonder "regret" always evokes the feeling of deep sadness to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment